Thursday, January 15, 2004

My Football Season Ends...
Chiefs lost...

Now on to baseball! This is the worst time of the year. There's nothing in sports to be interested in until Spring Training opens up in late February.

Because of that, I'm officially in count-down mode. In exactly 2 months, I will be in Arizona to check out some Cactus League baseball. I'll be going with my brother, my friend Dan and his father-in-law, and my son Joey.

I went out to Surprise last year for a Royals game. I flew in, drove to the stadium, watched the game, drove back to the airport and flew home. After that trip, I knew that I wanted to spend a couple of days out there with Joey and friends.

It should be fun. We'll be checking out the Giants, Cubs, Royals, and Rangers in our 3 day whirlwind trip. I hope it's like I remember last year, where the players are very relaxed and willing to spend time with the fans. We're excited at getting an early peek at the '04 Royals, including slugger Juan Gonzalez. Not to mention Sosa, Bonds, ARod and all the others.

No comments: