Monday, June 28, 2004

A New Low

I went out to Kauffman Stadium yesterday to catch the final game of their interleague series against the St. Louis Cardinals. The Royals had already lost the first two games of the series and were trying to salvage one game. It didn't work out too well.

The Royals lost the game,and looked awful doing it. They also learned that closer Jeremy Affeldt tore his oblique muscle and will be out up to 8 weeks. This comes afer trading their best player, Carlos Beltran, away to the Houston Astros.

Is there any reason to feel positive about this team right now? They play in an old stadium, and the voters will probably decline to provide renovation funds. The play on the field this year has been awful. Last year seemed promising, but now you have to wonder if they had one good month just by chance. Since that hot start in April of 2003, they've played sub .500 ball.

I love baseball, and I love my home town team, but it I having a very difficult time finding something to hold my interest.

No comments: