Thursday, April 15, 2004

Pitching
In fact, I did have a beer last night. I had dinner with fellow Quilogy employee Jon Box, Microsoft RD for Memphis and co-author of Building Solutions with the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework.

We had a good discussion about some upcoming Microsoft items, including the Whidbey release of Visual Studio. Of course, the conversation ultimately turned to baseball in the end.

Upon returning to my hotel room, I found that the Royals pitching again was poor in yesterday's game against the White Sox. This game was especially painful, since the Royals were down 6-0, came back to take the lead in the top of the ninth, only to lose it in the bottom of the ninth when interim closer Curtis Leskanic failed to close it out.

Jeremy Affeldt got the start, and struggled again. Today, soft tossing lefty Brian Anderson gets the start, and I have a feeling it will be another big day for the Sox offense. The Royals pitching has me wanting to move up from beer to the hard stuff....

No comments: