Friday, April 02, 2004

Everything but the Sync

Well, I've been playing around with my new Pocket PC phone for about 3 days now. ActiveSync has been working about 50% of the time. When the sync works, it's the best device I could ever imagine having. When the sync isn't working, it's irritating.

I'm trying to use the phone to do over-the-air sync's to my company's Exchange server. Most of the time, I will get an error on my device that says my account does not have permissions to do the operation. Then, suddenly, it will start working. That's happened twice. Yesterday, around lunch time, it started working and it worked fine for over 24 hours. This afternoon, however, I needed to reset the device after installing a game that wouldn't run properly. After the reset, no sync.

Here's an oddity I found though. If I go into the ActiveSync properties, and enter an invalid password, then try to sync, it will stop and request a password. I enter the correct password, and it will sync okay. Subsequent sync's however, won't work. At least not until I save an incorrect password again.

If there are any Exchange experts who have worked through this problem before, please email me. I'd love to try to get this thing figured out.

No comments: