Wednesday, April 14, 2004

More Pitching Woes
Right on cue, the Royals illustrated my point in my previous blog about Royals Pitching. Yesterday, Darrell May had another poor start, giving up 7 earned runs in 5 innings. So far, no Royals starter has a win. Their combined ERA is 7.07. Only one starter, Jimmy Gobble, has had a "quality start."

Today, Jeremy Affeldt will try to improve on his previous performance when he faces the White Sox. In his last outing, Affeldt gave up 9 hits, 6 earned runs, 2 walks and most surprisingly, no strikeouts. The rotation is a major concern for this team.

I only hope that getting Appier back into the rotation (he pitched with in a rehab start in Wichita, and is scheduled to start against the Twins this Saturday) will help. I'm not a big fan of the all-lefty rotation. I also look to see pitching phenom Zack Grienke called up from Omaha soon if the rotation doesn't show signs of life.

No comments: