Friday, January 14, 2005

Randomness

I don’t really have anything substantial to write, so here’s some rambling…

• David Letterman on Carlos Beltran’s new team: “I've looked at this deal from both sides and it's really a great deal for Beltran. One hundred and nineteen million dollars, plus, with the Mets, he gets Octobers off.”
• Mike Sweeney states he was “misled.” He says that he was given the impression that the Royals would eventually up their payroll to around $60 million to build a contender around Sweeney. For the record, this season’s payroll is around $41 million. Sweeney says, “I'm not 25. I'm 31 years old. Only God knows how many years I have left to play. I want a chance to play in October.” Can’t say I blame him.
• Potty training a puppy is becoming an exhausting task. Somebody should open a housebreaking service. I’d pay any price!
• I just received my spring training tickets. For the second straight year, Dan and I (along with others) will be trekking to Arizona to catch some Cubs and Royals spring training games. This is a great way to get excited about the coming summer. I’m getting excited already.
• Kudos to Bud Selig (and the players’ union) for implementing a steroid policy in MLB. It’s not as tough as it should be (why isn’t “speed” illegal?), but it is definitely a step in the right direction. Hopefully, we’re coming to the end of the “lively player” era.

No comments: