Thursday, February 09, 2006

Been a While...

I haven't blogged in a while, so here are a few random thoughts while we wait for Opening Day...

  • Every "national expert" I've read or heard has ripped the Royals' moves this offseason. I can't say I disagree. Yes, they will probably avoid 100 losses, but they won't win the division and the free agents they signed are short-term guys. They aren't necessarily holding any young players back, since it's obvious from last season that those young guys need the extra time in the minors. But I'm wondering if it would have been a smarter move to sink that money into player development.
  • Anybody else disappointed with this season's episodes of "Scrubs?" Maybe it's because I've been watching seasons 1 & 2 on DVD, but this most current crop of episodes seems forced and contrived. Still a great show though...
  • It's just over a month until my brother, my son and I head to Arizona to catch some Cactus League baseball. Can't wait!
  • Yes, the referees blew several calls in the Super Bowl. But, the Steelers still played a better game and the blown calls didn't change the outcome.
  • Thanks to XM Satellite's XM Cafe channel for turning me onto The Muckrakers. Great band. Check them out...

No comments: